Iridia is an emerging San Diego company bringing together DNA chemistry, electronics, molecular biology and nanofabrication technology to develop a revolutionary long-term data storage platform. We are on the cutting edge of this unique field and are seeking innovative, motivated and passionate team members to join us to solve this critical world need that will revolutionize technology! We offer an exciting and diverse team where our experiences and backgrounds make us stronger and energize us to change the technology world. Iridia, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We offer competitive employee compensation package that includes:
* Competitive salary
* Great healthcare benefits with employer contribution
If you have our level of passion and commitment, consider our team! To apply, email your CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Nanopore Scientist / Senior Scientist
Nanopore Scientist / Senior Scientist
The Iridia Research Team is looking for a nanopore scientist with experience and expertise in the field of solid-state nanopores. This is a rare and exciting opportunity to apply your knowledge and abilities to the development of a transformational technology.
A proven self-starter that can perform independent, well-controlled research as part of a multi-disciplinary technology development team, with a focus on the use and modeling of solid-state nanopores for detection and interpretation of DNA translocations.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Design, conduct, troubleshoot and analyze solid-state nanopore experiments.
- Assist with modeling of solid-state nanopore translocation events.
- Contribute to the design of microfluidic devices with integrated solid-state nanopores.
- Assist with the integration of molecular biology protocols into microfluidic devices.
- Maintain records and prepare presentations for providing updates.
- Experience leading collaborations with 3rd parties in industry and/or academia.
- It is important that the successful candidate is self-motivated, dedicated, and enthusiastic, with the ability to effectively communicate with scientists from different disciplines. The successful candidate should have a passion for scientific excellence, a committed work ethic, and an assertive but respectful personality.
Preferred experiential background:
- Use of solid-state nanopores for the study of DNA &/or protein translocations.
- Modeling of pore characteristics and DNA translocations through solid-state nanopores.
- Fabrication and characterization of solid-state nanopores.
- Surface chemistry and science, surface modification and metrology.
- Expertise in microfluidics and electrochemistry is highly desirable.
- Industry experience is desired, but not required.
- Experience in building, testing & troubleshooting analog circuits.
- Background in physics, electronics, digital signal processing, statistics, programming, algorithm implementation.
Preferred educational background:
- A Ph.D. in Physics (Biophysics) or related discipline.
- Post-doctoral experience desired, but not required.
If interested, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com and reference Nanopore Scientist in the subject line.
Iridia Inc., is proud to be an EEO Employer &
offers premium Medical, Dental and Vision benefits.