Iridia is an emerging San Diego company bringing together DNA chemistry, electronics, molecular biology and nanofabrication technology to develop a revolutionary long-term data storage platform. We are on the cutting edge of this unique field and are seeking innovative, motivated and passionate team members to join us to solve this critical world need that will revolutionize technology! We offer an exciting and diverse team where our experiences and backgrounds make us stronger and energize us to change the technology world. Iridia, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We offer competitive employee compensation package that includes:
* Competitive salary
* Great healthcare benefits with employer contribution
If you have our level of passion and commitment, consider our team! To apply, email your CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scientist I, Molecular Biology with Isothermal Amplification experience
Iridia is an emerging San Diego company bringing together DNA chemistry, electronics, molecular biology and nanofabrication technology to develop a revolutionary long-term data storage platform. Exciting, right?!
The Iridia Research Team is looking for a scientist with experience and expertise in molecular biology and biochemistry. This is a rare and exciting opportunity to apply your knowledge and abilities to the development of a transformational technology.
A proven self-starter that can perform independent, well-controlled research as part of a multi-disciplinary technology development team, with a focus on molecular biology and biochemistry in a microfluidic environment.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Develop & implement DNA amplification strategies, including non-lamp isothermal amplification.
- Integrate molecular biology protocols into microfluidic devices.
- Troubleshoot and test developmental workflows.
- Conduct cutting edge research under the supervision of the Director of Molecular Technologies.
- Maintain records and prepare presentations for providing updates.
Preferred experiential background:
- 3+ years biotech industry experience (ideally in a start-up environment) with a background in molecular biology, biochemistry or biophysics.
- Experience in the development and application of isothermal amplification methods.
- Knowledge of DNA amplification strategies, polymerases, nucleic acid modifying enzymes and analytical methods for molecular characterization.
- Expertise in microfluidics or nanotechnology is highly desirable.
- Competence in computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Excellent troubleshooting abilities.
- It is important that the successful candidate is self-motivated, dedicated, and enthusiastic, with the ability to effectively communicate with scientists from different disciplines.
Preferred educational background:
- An Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or a related field with relevant post-doctoral experience.
If interested in this position, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com and reference Scientist I in subject line.