Iridia is an emerging San Diego company bringing together DNA chemistry, electronics, molecular biology and nanofabrication technology to develop a revolutionary long-term data storage platform. Exciting Right! We are on the cutting edge of this unique field and are seeking innovative, motivated and passionate team members to join us to solve this critical world need that will revolutionize technology! We offer an exciting and diverse team where our experiences and backgrounds make us stronger and energize us to change the technology world. Iridia, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We offer competitive employee compensation package that includes:
* Competitive salary
* Stock Options
* Great healthcare benefits with employer contribution
If you have our level of passion and commitment, consider our team! To apply, email your CV/resume to email@example.com.
* Sr. Scientist, Protein Engineering
Senior Scientist, Protein Engineering
Our mission is to pioneer the use of DNA to solve big challenges in data-storage with robust, sustainable, and scalable solutions. We believe that nature has optimized DNA as the ultimate long-term, high-fidelity, high-density data storage tool. We are combining DNA polymer synthesis technology, electronic nano-switches, and semiconductor fabrication technologies to develop the world’s first integrated-chip that can write, read, and store data in a single device at an exceptionally high density. We are well-funded and guided by renowned investors, industry pioneers and scientific thought leaders to develop the first commercially viable, DNA based microchip that will change the way the world stores and retrieves data forever.
Sr. Scientist, Protein Engineering will be an expert scientist in the areas of protein purification, enzymology, and bio-conjugation. You will be responsible for building scalable approaches to enzyme production, purification, labeling, and bio-conjugation in an in-vitro and microchip environment. You will be a key technical lead on our product development team.
The ideal candidate will have a proven record of developing industrial or diagnostics products using novel protein constructs. The candidate will have deep technical expertise, hands-on laboratory skills, and a product development mindset to evolve a disruptive technology into a globally successful commercial product.
How you will contribute:
• Lead all internal and external technical efforts with Protein Engineering in product development.
• Design protein engineering strategies to develop new enzymes/constructs from feasible concepts.
• Design and develop appropriate functional assays for kinetic and stability characterization of enzymes.
• Adapt and optimize existing workflows and develop new approaches to screen improved enzymes.
• Purify, label and conjugate active enzymes with high yield and purity for use in silicon based nanopore devices.
• Develop enzyme systems compatible with microchips and microfluidic environments.
• Lead design, testing and validation activities to incorporate proteins/enzymes in the overall product.
• Lead troubleshooting efforts as needed in relevant areas of expertise.
• Work with external protein engineering teams to guide development of enzymes optimized for Iridia’s application(s)
• Work seamlessly in an interdisciplinary environment encompassing molecular biology, biochemistry, protein expression, nanotechnology, and microfluidics.
What you will bring:
• Strong technical background with Ph.D. in enzymology or protein engineering
*Previous work experience in venture backed start-ups strongly preferred.
• 10+ years industry experience developing products with protein constructs on biocompatible surfaces.
• Strong background working with proteins, enzymes and biochemistry systems at the single molecule level.
• Experience with kinetics and engineering of DNA modifying enzymes for improved activity, stability and bio-conjugation to surfaces.
• Experience with molecular technologies incorporated into microchips with fluidics, sensors, and/or semiconductors is desirable.
• Proficiency/familiarity with computational modeling approaches related to protein engineering.
• Proficiency with quantitative bioanalytical techniques including colorimetric, qPCR, electrochemical and fluorescent based methods to evaluate enzyme performance.
• Ability to dive deep in solving complex technical problems in parallel under tight timelines.
• Strong analytical, DOE (design of experiments) and related statistical data analysis skills.
• Experience with GLP, design documentation and scientific record-keeping.
• Familiarity with relevant industry standards and best practices in developing high quality products.
We have developed strong IP around a nanopore-based single-molecule device that enables vastly large datasets to be stored and retrieved in an integrated format. We are guided in our mission by our board chairman, Jay Flatley (Executive Chairman, illumina) and thought leaders in life sciences and data-storage. We recently came out of stealth-mode with backing from prominent institutional investors and market leading corporate partners in the data-storage industry. We are now keenly focused on developing a transformative product at the intersection of biology and technology.
If interested, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference ‘Sr. Scientist, Protein Engineering’ in subject line.
Iridia Inc., is proud to be an EEO Employer