Iridia is an emerging San Diego company bringing together DNA chemistry, electronics, molecular biology and nanofabrication technology to develop a revolutionary long-term data storage platform. Exciting Right! We are on the cutting edge of this unique field and are seeking innovative, motivated and passionate team members to join us to solve this critical world need that will revolutionize technology! We offer an exciting and diverse team where our experiences and backgrounds make us stronger and energize us to change the technology world. Iridia, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We offer competitive employee compensation package that includes:
* Competitive salary
* Stock Options
* Great healthcare benefits with employer contribution
If you have our level of passion and commitment, consider our team! To apply, email your CV/resume to email@example.com.
- * Nanopore Biophysics Scientist
Nanopore Biophysics Scientist
The Iridia Research Team is looking for a scientist with experience and expertise in the field of solid-state nanopores, who also possesses the ability to bring insight and innovation toward understanding and optimizing the biophysical properties of solid state nanopores. This is a rare and exciting opportunity to apply your knowledge and abilities to the development of a transformational, game-changing technology.
In addition to cutting-edge science and an energized, positive work culture, Iridia offers attractive compensation, including stock options, generous vacation time and family medical, dental & vision benefits.
We are seeking an emerging scientist with proven technical credentials in the areas of biophysics and solid state nanopores, and possesses the enthusiasm for researching cutting edge science. This individual will be a self-starter that can independently strategize, carry out and analyze scientific research as part of a multi-disciplinary technology development team, with a focus on the use and optimization of solid-state nanopores for detection of a variety of DNA translocation events pivotal to the Iridia data storage technology platform. If you are the selected candidate, you work will play an integral role in the design and optimization of the world’s first integrated DNA-based data storage microchip.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Design, conduct, troubleshoot and analyze DNA translocation experiments employing various types of solid-state nanopores produced by world-leading fabrication teams.
- Work as part of an Iridia team to create and optimize a computer model of the fundamental elements of Iridia’s solid-state nanopore data synthesis and readout technology.
- Participate in a multi-disciplinary team to design, test and evaluate microfluidic fluid delivery and exchange approaches in the context of an integrated solid-state nanopore device.
- Assume an exemplary role internally and externally presenting results, scientific conclusions and appropriate strategic recommendation, as well as setting a high standard for scientific excellence across all company research.
- Serve as liaison scientist in technical collaborations with industrial and/or academic partners.
- The successful candidate will be self-motivated, dedicated, and enthusiastic, with the ability to effectively communicate with scientists from different disciplines. The successful candidate should have a passion for scientific excellence, a committed work ethic, and an assertive but respectful personality.
Preferred experiential background:
- Use of solid-state nanopores for the study of DNA &/or protein translocations.
- Modeling of pore characteristics and DNA translocations through solid-state nanopores.
- Fabrication and characterization of solid-state nanopores.
- Expertise in microfluidics and electrochemistry is highly desirable.
- Industry experience is desired, but not required.
- Background in physics, electronics, digital signal processing, statistics, programming, algorithm implementation is desirable
Preferred educational background:
- A Ph.D. in Physics (Biophysics) or related discipline.
- Post-doctoral experience desired, but not required.
If interested, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference ‘Nanopore Scientist’ in subject line.
Iridia Inc., is proud to be an EEO Employer